23.7.09

My New Baby, E20

This is my new love. For my 16th birthday, I gave my parents the choice of gifting me either a Mercedes GLK or a Viking sewing machine. No surprise, I received the Viking. My friend was confused whether the sewing machine was a good present or not. Because not only am I the only one of my friends who is fascinated with activities that numerous grandmas aliken to, but also because once I unwrapped the sewing machine, my mom gave me a list of "projects" to do like: repairing all the torn blankets in the house and replacing the buttons on her clothes, ect. 

Today I was able to put my sewing machine to good use. The free classes that came with this baby began today, and boy were they interesting. I showed up and I was the only person who was under the age of 50. The lady who was in charge of the Beginner's Class was - let's just say, accustomed to the sewing world for quite some time. Within the first 10 minutes, she was fed up with my questions and pretended like she didn't hear my questions or comments for the rest of the class. After I watched her discipline another woman who was advanced in her years, she continued to yell at me for my lack of preparation in class. The two-hour class did teach me a lot about the ins and outs of entering the world of sewing as a beginner. 

Note to self: do not take classes from RoseMary, the sewing nazi from Denmark.

5 comments:

shawna henrie said...

good choice, i hated my mercedes

Chadley Baker said...

Haha i was thinking about what you rote. Did you have a choice between getting a NEW CAR or a sewing machine. jk really jk, you got to make me something with your new "baby" whos the unlucky male sewing machinei really do not know what i just said boohug lug bananas!!!!!!

Chadley Baker said...

why don't you love me any more goch







JK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elizabeth Pinner said...

haha thanks sister johnson. yeah i have no clue what car i want. everyones telling me no on the mercedes.

and chadley... your crazy and i do love you still. and yes i will make you something. and i miss your prank calls cbake.

Chadley Baker said...

thanks haha email me wait do you even have a gmail or something like that cause i want to write to you oh wait i mean "tex" you since i don't have a phone so this com. is like my phone yup i am so cool haha jk